Sunday, October 13, 2013

Travel, family and food!

Been a busy 48 hours ladies and gents! Since 1030pm Friday night till this blog post I have been from San Diego airport to Atlanta to Milwaukee and lastly, Madison, WI where I arrived yesterday afternoon to surprise my family and sister last night at her wedding celebration party of which until 7 days ago not them nor I planned to be able to make it home for. Luckily enough I was able to get some help from my command and the Navy to make it happen in just the nick of time to get an affordable flight home on time and back again for my conference next weekend in Long Beach. Still cannot believe I am home right now given all hope seemed to be lost on getting home for this no matter how I looked at it.

Yesterday was a total off day filled with flights, bus rides and attempts at napping mid afternoon (since I cannot for the life of me sleep on planes even during red eye flights) to stay up late and enjoy the festivities with friends and family. Made it till about 10pm CST before the drowsiness and jet-lag hit me like a mac truck and then staying up became a task and a half let me say that much....

All was a blast, good to be home, good to see family, good to have some time off to just chill out and spend time with my family back home who I have not seen in 9 months now.

Todays workout was back at my hometown gym of Anytime Fitness where I used to work as a contracted personal trainer for about a year so even that to was a trip down memory lane.

Pics taken this morning a week after show day. I can say already the flights messed with my water a bit as it always does. I get dehydrated as all hell when flying so 6 hours of it in 24 hours took a little spin on me given the 2.5 weight gain in 48 hours I experience despite no change in diet and a day off lifting/lower carb intake.

179.5 this am....
front
side
back
legs

Today was upper pull day and it went like this:

2pm:

6 minute bike warm up, DM, cuff series, pillar prep...

hammer underhand pull downs:
2 plates a side x 10 reps / 4 sets + 1 set of 20 at 1 plate a side

precor chest supported seated row machine:
140lbs x 10 reps / 4 sets + 1 set of 20 at 70lbs

snatch grip rack pulls from just under knees:
275lbs x 10 reps / 4 sets

bw wide chin ups:
3x8 reps

precor front squat plate loaded machine (shrugs)
2 plates per side 20 reps / 3 sets

1xfail crunch machine + 1x fail hanging knee raises

incline db curls:
30's x 12 reps / 4 sets

cable rope hammer curls:
70lbs x 15 reps / 4 sets

17 minutes post lift MISS on elliptical

Daily Grub Highlight!!!

First formal real deal no BS cheat meal since dieting started 10 weeks ago for the show I did last week + with the shoots and directives I got from Jason I held of on doing any major serious cheat of any kind this past week as well. So 11 weeks! Tonight my plan was SUSHI, AYCE deal at Edo Japanese Restaurant where for just $25 you have 18 rolls to pick from plus sides. I had 9 sushi rolls, 2 seaweed salads and a miso soup in an hour and fricking loved it!!

Sweet potato tempura roll and spicy salmon roll I had 2 of. Salads and miso I hammered down before even getting shots!

plate 1
plate 2
plate 3
plate 4

Not the best sushi I ever had but still very good, very worth it, would go again in a second and the service was the fastest I have had for sushi let alone AYCE style joints which I have been to many.


No comments:

Post a Comment