Monday, October 7, 2013

Off Season Goals are now Underway!

Now 2 days after show day and the end of contest dieting/preparations its safe to say I am in full swing of my post season goals and objectives. As I said before in earlier blog posts, I am taking this week to deload......now what the hell exactly do I mean by a deload week? Let me explain just that....

I use the same exact routine I did prior to the show as far and sets, reps, exercise selection, order, tempo etc...the big variable is that this week I only train to near failure, leaving 1-2 reps in the tank on every single set. Nothing gets taken to pure muscle failure. I also have reduced my cardio to no more than 15 minutes MISS (mild intensity steady state) post lift. I do no cardio on my rest days this week so I can focus on 100% recovery and allow my CNS the full week to reboot and come back supercharged next week when I go full throttle with my normal train to failure heavy weight based program.

Before I jump into what I did yesterday and today let me throw some shots up of yesterdays "grub goodies" as promised:

Breakfast, 8am was a quick easy oatmeal + pb2 + cookies n cream cellcucor whey + unsweet almond milk blended with ice.....again the photoshoot so had to play it safe.

Right after at 12 noon this bad boy went down at........DZ Akins Deli, San Diego, CA 

The "Freeser" Sandwich

4pm I had my first ever taste of.....Weinerschnitzel's, Kearny Mesa, CA

Pastrami on Rye with Swiss

8pm I had my 2nd ever visit and much awaited return trip to.....Voltero's, Kearney Mesa, CA

1 Philly Beef Cheesesteak + 1 Grilled Eggplant Cheesesteak

Before bed at 1130 it was a simple BSN Syntha-6 shake with unsweet almond milk and ice.


So that was it for my post show " grub goodies" as today Jason Theobald has me back on my 3 weeks out (what I was using 3 weeks out from show) macro intakes where he plans to reverse diet me back to and above pre contest dieting levels gradually so that I stay pretty darn lean from now throughout all post season (10% or less is our agreed goal).


I found that by having these 3 smaller cheat meals like this was MUCH easier on my system then 1 enormous meal would have been (learned the hard way in past show binges that although tasty as hell and orgasmic in the short term....... the aftermath for me is miserable and godawful!!) so by doing this I had no gas, no bloat, no heart burn, no headache, no queasy gut or anything. Just a smile on my face and shit loads of veins all over my body all damn day.....no joke!

OK....sooooo lets get to the nuts and bolts of the post season shall we? I bold and underline the term post season because I do not at all like the way people think of off season which typically conjures up the concepts of eating what you want, as much as you want, getting soft, getting fat, dropping out cardio and letting ones self go a bit too far or perhaps way too far in some cases. All pointless, worthless, and unhealthy and a waste of time come the next contest you decide to diet down for. Why add 20-30lbs of weight if half or more is just pure fat weight to come off later? I would rather stay leaner and be more conservative by adding around 15lbs total with 5-6 of that being fat to come off later on. It just seems much more logical to me to be healthier, smarter and feel better by doing the later then what traditionally gets boasted with mainstream misguided off season ideas.

As of this morning (Tuesday) I was 179.8lbs. I am near my set point weight of about 180 but will see what happens by this weekend, a full week post show to see how my body levels out and sits at that time to really gauge where I am at. 

I am back at 2100 kcals a day with a macro split of 260p/180c/35f on workout days with the only change being a drop to 130c on rest days. As my weight changes over the weeks to come Jason and I will work together to increase my intakes to slowly building up my metabolism again as high as we can to help add the needed muscle size I need to be ready for my next contest with a better, more improved physique. 

Ok...now....workouts.....lets see them shall we??

Yesterday (Sunday) legs at 10am......

6 min stationary bike warm up, hip mobz, DM/

squats:
135x15/2 sets
155x12/2 sets
185x10/2 sets

hamstring hypers w/25lb plate across chest:
4x12

standing calf press:
4x15 @ 75lb plate stack

kneeling cable crunch:
3x15 

bench leg raises:
3x15

leg extensions s.s. with prone leg curls
3x20 reps each @ 70lbs each

15 minutes post lift stationary bike MISS



Today (Monday) upper body push at 3pm....

6 minute stationary bike warm up, shoulder mobz, DM/

hammer strength pull over machine:
3x15 @ 150lbs

incline bb bench:
4x8 @ 125lbs

hammer shoulder press:
4x12 @ 30lb a side

seated machine medium grip chest press:
3x10 @ 100lbs

ez bar upright bb rows:
3x10 @ 80lbs

hammer seated dip machine:
4x8 @ 1 plate + 35 per side

cable vbar press downs:
3x15 @ 15RM

15 minutes post lift stationary bike MISS.


I am going to leave it with that right there folks. The blog entry is longer then it needs to be as is. That's all for today! Peace!





No comments:

Post a Comment