Friday, October 4, 2013

1 day out!!

So here I sit writing the last blog post prior to the big day.......my first MPD contest in the NPC and my 2nd MPD contest ever over the past 2 weeks. Its the last time I will compete until I know more about my work/command/ships schedule to be in port or out to sea which then dictates my ability to do a local show and prep for it they way I need to. So after this its offseason until more is known about that.

Today no workout, no cardio, no gym anything. Got my spray tan done, got my show day foods cooked, measured, packed and ready. Been chugging my water as needed and all is falling into place. I feel as though I am getting drier and drier by the hour as the Xpel keeps water moving through me, salt keeps pushing it way out of me and carbs keep coming in meal by meal.

I was 176.4 this AM which is down 4lbs exactly from yesterday in which I had a whopping 50 grams carbs all day. Lost lots of salt/water weight already. Pics below are from this AM around 7am.....had not spray tanned yet so I am darker then this now trust me.





Today my meals look like this: Jason's goal is to have me hit macros today of 225p/270c/50f

meals 1 and 2:
1 cup oats and 1 cup egg whites

meals 3 and 4
1 cup oats and 5 oz baked Alaskan cod

meal 5
1 cup oats and 1 cup egg whites

2g fish oils, 200mg r-ala, 100mcg gtf chromium, sprinkle cinnamon with every meal as well. Took 4 Xpel tabs in AM, midday and 4 more in evening pre bed.

I am also making sure to drink 12 oz water with every meal to hit my water mark by 10pm tonight. After that I will have only 6 oz fluid from black coffee with my 1st two meals tomorrow morning of which will be as follows: I will take 4 more Xpel tabs in the AM with breakfast and then 4 more after pre-judge and my 2nd meal is in me....about 2pmish I figure.

800am and 1130am: 10oz plain hashbrown potatoes, 5 oz grilled sirloin steak, 2 tbsp cashew butter
(show starts at 11am with Novice MPD being the 7th division to go up so I predict about 1230 Ill be going on stage.

About 20 minutes before going on stage my pump up plan as Jason has it laid out is.....
1 level scoop Gatorade powder with 10 oz water and 1/8 tsp sea salt sipped on until gone or I feel like I had enough just before going on stage pumped up and hopefully nice and vascular/full/dry. I may be able to bypass this part 100% pending what Jason thinks of my pictures I send him 30 minutes before going on stage.....if he says I am full enough......we play it safe and stay as is, no changes or pump up tactic needed.

Then at 2pmish I have a photo shoot taking place not far from the venue with a co worker and another friend of mine also in MPD novice class. Its a local park(Balboa) amphitheater which will make for some sweet outdoor Sunny SD pictures and backgrounds!

From there on out till night show......its just a repeat of the AM meals as I feel hungry, 6-8oz water with each meal and just passing the time till my class comes up again to strut my stuff on stage and hopefully do some damage in the novice MPD class in my debut NPC show! As of now all the work is done. Nothing more I can do on my end but ride this out and leave it in the judges hands. Either way or no matter then outcome.....I am going  to have fun and enjoy this experience big time!

I will post the outcomes, pics and all on Sunday evening after all is said and done including an epic post show day brunch buffet victory meal with myself and my 5 co-workers who also in this show with me! Pics of that to be included as well!

PEACE OUT ALL! GO TIME!





No comments:

Post a Comment