Sunday, October 6, 2013

The big day!!

Show number 2 has come and it has gone!

As of yesterday I have now completed my 2nd show in 2 weeks and this time as predicted, had a much stronger and bigger set of competition ahead of me. With 12 guys in MPD novice class alone and over 40 in the show it was clear this was where the big dogs come to play.

I took 7th of out 12 and at a raspy 6'2'' and 171lbs upon waking that morning........I still feel I was coming in smaller then I needed to be muscle mass wise to really stand out as a top place finisher but top 5 was my goal to place and walk away with some hardware.....sadly not the case. I am however very very happy with my peak for this show! I could not have asked for a better day of staying lean, dry, full and overall feeling pretty good I have to say!

These were taken the morning of right after waking up.




After 2 meals and another spray tan later in the day these were my next sets of pics right after pre judge was done with.




The guy on the right is Terrance, a client of mine from the carrier I worked with the last month of his prep.......and here he gets 6th place right ahead of me! Go figure! I was happy as hell for him either way for his his first ever show period to!

This shot was taken 3 hours later after another meal and from my cellphone just before starting my outdoor park shoot. More pro grade photos of that to come later but this is just a sample I am very happy with.

Balboa Park, San Diego, CA

Here is one last shot from after finals with my group from the carrier command who all competed and did amazing in their 1st or 2nd ever fitness competitions.
What a darn good looking group if I may say so! I worked with some of these folks since Jan through show day and some for the final month only. Either way it was a memorable journey that I wont soon forget.

My diet for the day went down like this:

meal 1, 2: 8am and1130am: 10 oz hashbrown taters, 5 oz steak, 2 tbsp cashew butter, 4 xpel tabs and 10 oz black coffee

meal 3 @ 3pm: same as meal 1 but 1 cup egg whites vs the steak, 8 oz black coffee

meal 4 @ 630pm: 10 oz hashbrown tater and 5 oz steak with 8 oz water

meal 5 @ 10pm.......no cheat meal yet with my photoshoot the next day (today) so I just went with larger portions of foods I knew I could handle but still craved big time!

10 oz mashed sweet tater
4 tbsp pb2
2 cups egg whites
stevia, cocoa, cinnamon

In bed by 1230 and dead tired! I was whipped for sure by days end let me tell ya. All in all it was an AWESOME experience! I am happy to have now done MPD in two organizations and so close together to get a good feel for it. I will say right here and now that if I had to pick bodybuilding or MPD to compete in again though......I would take bodybuilding pretty much hands down. Nothing at all against MPD what so ever. I simply like the formality and greater demand of bodybuilding poses, the 12 mandatory poses, the flexing, the quarter turns etc. MPD is just a series of set quick quarter turns and thats it, your done and off stage. Plus the fact that our legs are 100% covered kills me since thats my #1 body part to sport off and always has been. Yet I get no chance to show that with the board shorts thing going as it is. It is what it is and thats how the game is played but this is just my take on MPD vs bodybuilding when it comes to the stage aspects alone. 

As of this writing I have already been back to the gym for my deload week start but that I will get to tomorrow when I post up my days "goodies" and my first two workouts after the show as well as my game plan from here onward. You wont want to miss it!


No comments:

Post a Comment