Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Quick update and new PR's!

I simply had to make this post after that last 3 days of workouts as they were stellar! I not only hit my PR goals for this weeks max effort workouts but I CRUSHED them! Get this....

Sunday's max effort squat day: hit 360 single for 3 sets going ass to grass with perfect form, belt only!

Monday's max effort bench press day: hit 240 single for 3 sets touch, stop and go with ass down. I also did 3 working sets of 3 using 75's for seated db shoulder press AFTER doing the max effort bench work just prior! Heaviest DB's I ever used for shoulder presses!


Tuesday's max effort deadlift day: hit 430 single conventional style for 3 sets, no hunch, no hitch!

Now look where I was at my final week of max testing in December 2013 to see the improvements already!

335 parallel squat single
225 single bench press single
405 rack deadlift from under the knee for 3 reps

I love it when a sound, strategic program when coupled with consistency, commitment, effort and a focus delivers undeniable results and outcomes such as this! Its what makes the field of fitness, exercise physiology, strength and conditioning and training so fascinating to me. Watching the body adapt and improve over time due to the proper training stimulus, nutritional intervention and lifestyle modification is just so damn cool in my eyes! Be it myself or in others I cant get enough of seeing fitness/exercise work!

Oh and no post would be complete without a shot of some recent grubs so here you all have it!

DIY homemade huevos rancheros! This was my first time making this on my own and it turned out awesome!








No comments:

Post a Comment