Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Midweek Check In

I wanted to drop in quick and give you all a quick snapshot of where I am right now with things as its been a busy week of training, made some changes with diet, workouts, cardio and I got a new batch of supplements in which is always a fun time!

First, Sunday's refeed meal and awesome recipe! I made my ultimate game day Nacho tray for the Superbowl and god was it good! Took me the first half to finish the whole thing but I did it and enjoyed every damn bite!
                                                                      (like my shirt?)


Whole tray has ~1600 calories with macros set to fit my daily intake needs. How much of the ingredients used would change the macro profile and calorie count of course.

Workouts M-W are as  follows: (also did 5 mins warm up and cool down cardio at 75% HRR as well as my typical dynamic movement circuits)

Monday: Lower body dynamic effort

speed squats 12x3 reps at 185 + band (60 sec breaks)
box jump ups (48"): 4x5 jumps
bulgarian split squats with 40's: 3x8 each leg
seated calf press: 2x25
straight leg calf press: 2x20
bosu ball curnch: 2x20
bench reverse crunch: 2x20
leg extensions: 2x15

Tuesday: Upper body dynamic effort pull

seated hammer rows: 4x15,13,11,9 reps to fail each set
wide lat pull downs: 4x15,13,11,9 reps to fail each set
speed deadlifts: 12x3 reps at 225 + band (60 second breaks)
45 degree hyper bench: 3x12 reps with stick behind head
hammer high-low row: 2x12 reps to fail both sets
1 arm db power-rows: 2x6 reps each with 55lb db
db pull overs: 2x15 @ 60lb db

Today(Wednesday): Upper body dynamic effort push

plyo push ups: 2x6
speed bench press: 12x3 @ 155 + band (60 sec breaks)
incline db presses: 55x10, 60x8, 65x6, 65x6
compound set 1: 3x15 each
   rear pec deck
   machine laterals
compound set 2: 2x15 each
   pec deck press ins
   band face pulls
seated front plate raises: 3x15
1 arm kneeling db tricep kickbacks: 3x15 each arm @ 25lb db

My post workout concoction this week after each workout was such a hit on Monday night that I could not help but make it again last night and tonight as well. Fricking love this recipe!


Pumpkin Chocolate Protein Oatmeal Cakes (just under 800kcals for both)


Orders In!



I just today got my BB.com order of supplements in as well which was 3 tubs (2lbs each) Dymatize Elite Whey (1 mocha toffee, 1 rich banana and 1 cookies n cream) all new flavors I have not tried before. I cant wait to start making some more of the cakes pictured above using these flavors! I also got 2 tubs of Dymatize Elite Recoup which I swear is the best BCAA/intra workout supplement you can take for quality, value and taste. Watermelon is bomb I kid you not! Right now they are $20 each on BB.com and the Elite whey is buy 2 get 1 free. ($24 each for the first 2) not a bad deal at all for the quality of whey and brand that Dymatize is. 


Also.....tomorrow night I am making a my long awaited return to the eating challenge scene. Its been 4 weeks today since I did my last eating challenge (not contest as its not the same thing as a challenge). I was cleared by the doc that my meds are taking just fine and my thyroid matter is under control. I can add back any kind of aerobic training I please as well as make any changes to my diet I see needed or demanded. That means my once weekly-ish food challenge adventures can resume! Just in time to because it was 6 days ago I was asked by the owner of Brians 24 in downtown San Diego if I would take part in their 5th year anniversary celebration which will include an eating challenge composed of their famous Pancake Monster! I did this last May in 22 minutes making me the 4th ever and current record holder for this 5 year standing challenge. I cant wait for this to get here as now I can actually take my time and savor the damn thing vs fly through it since I know I can finish it in the 1 hour time limit.

OK.....Thats all, wish me luck tomorrow and until this weekend, peace out ya all!



No comments:

Post a Comment