Sunday, February 23, 2014

20 weeks of offseason progress!

Ok well here we are at 20 weeks to the day since the morning after my last MPD contest held right here in SD. That morning I was 178.0 around 7% bodyfat. As of this morning I am 200.8 and between 13% based on 7 site skin fold assessment measures. That's a whopping 22lbs gained in 20 weeks. Specifically the math shows that I had 12.4lbs of fat on my body (internal and subq) and now I have 26lbs. I am thus now 174lbs of lean tissue (non fat mass) where as I was 165.6lbs of lean tissue the day after my show (Oct 6th). That means I have gained 11.6 pounds of pure muscle in 20 weeks time! I love it! I need people to understand how very hard it is for me to gain weight and keep it on for any decent amount of time and has been for a long while! After this show was over I was very concerned with being able to fill out and gain the much needed muscle mass I needed for my 6'2'' frame. With the watchful eye of Jason Theobald on my diet and nutrition since just before my show through this very day coupled with my own strategically designed workout programs, thing are firing on all 6 cylinders and that's when progress like this is eminent! See pictures below"




My strength has never been so high either with my new PR numbers being put to the test starting today through Tuesday when I hit my next series of max effort bench, squat and deadlift workouts. I look to hit 360 in the squat, 245 in the bench and 415 in the deadlift this week for trifecta in the log book baby!

Yesterday was HIIT cardio only but the 3 days before that were my dynamic effort days with deadlifts focus on Friday, bench press on Thursday and squats on Wednesday. I had to use the next strongest band for all speed work exercises to keep the resistance tension high enough to get the effect needed on those speed/dynamic effort workouts.

Below are some images of my awesome eats this past week: No drooling!

the protein cookie company sent me a box of 40 of these Thursday to sample out with my command. Shown here 1 of each flavor:

trail mix, classic pb, fudge pb, classic choco chip, oatmeal raisin (got 8 of each). tried all but classic choco chip and they have been diesel! each cookies macros is about 7f, 30gc, 18p

some Thai food from Pear's Thai Cuisine in San Diego,CA

L-R: Thai veg garlic soup, garlic-onion rice soup, tom yum soup

chicken satay skewers with veg spring rolls

some double duty chicken fajita from a joint in El Cajon, CA. 4 corn tortillas each in the foil (only $7.25 each!)


Some homemade "Fitboss Muscle Muffins" (did a video for my work nutrition series) dark chocolate cherry flavor.

186cal, 3.5f, 26c, 13p for each
video is found here: http://youtu.be/g7YnDC29Rxs

Ok folks.....long enough.....got legs max effort squats tonight so I hope this mornings HIIT session for work does not impact things too much for tonight......I got a PR to smash!

Have a great Sunday all!



No comments:

Post a Comment