Sunday, February 9, 2014

18 weeks of offseason check in

So here we are 18 weeks since my last contest and into my offseason training program/objectives. I do not have pictures to put up although I took them this morning as I left my cell phone USB cable at work so I will upload them tomorrow as soon as I get the chance. Since my last post I have had some AWESOME workouts hitting some best ever lifts over the past 3 max effort workouts including today's workout. Let me recap quick...

Friday max effort legs:

squats: 345x2 (4 sets) only listed my working sets
hack squats: 4x10
bulgarian split squats: 3x8 per leg with 42lb db's
standing calf press machine: 3x11
seated calf press machine: 3x11
prone leg raises: 3x25
decline bench crunch: 3x25

Saturday max effort deadlifts: (also taught 30 mins AM spin lesson)

seated cable rows (lat pull bar attachment): 4x15,12,10,10
wide lat pull downs: 4x15,12,10,10
sumo stance deadlifts: lead up sets to 385, then working sets of 405x2 traditional stance (4 sets) 
BB RDL: 3x9 @ 225lbs
hammer high row machine: 2x15 @ 2 plates each side
ez bar curls: 4x11 @ 65lbs

Sunday max effort bench press: (also taught 30 mins AM spin lesson)

flat bb bench press: 225x2 (4 sets)
incline bb bench press: 3x8 at 135
decline db bench press: 3x8 at 70's
free motion seated cable shoulder press: 4x12,10,8,6
rear pec deck with pec fly: 2x15
db side laterals: 2x15 with 20's
TRX skull crushers: 3x15
ab crunch machine:2x20
total gym sliding knee tucks: 2x20

Some grub shots from this week:





This was from Thursday nights Pancake Monster Challenge in downtown San Diego at Brian's 24 Restaurant & Diner. Of the 17 people who competed only I and one other guy (a local competitive eater) finished the 6lb feast. Not only that but I did it in 17 minutes flat and he did it in 18 flat. Not one other person came close let alone finishing in the 60 minute limit. I was a good sport and split the $500 winning gift card with 2nd place guy since he drive 1 hour last minute in the rain to take me on as I had been asking for a while now. He is the guy in the black shirt sitting right across from me...Mr. Kevin Ross!

OK so 6lb breakfast feasts aside, how bout some more human sized portions of grub hey?

Homemade teriyaki chicken with sweet potato and mixed chow-mein veggies. Bomb!


 This mornings post spin class breakfast down the road at The Tractor Room  "In Good Health Scramble"

In some other cool news....I was asked Thursday night after the eating challenge was done by a member of Pacific Magazine if I would want to be participate in the Bid on a Bachelor Auction event for the AHA this coming Friday night! Being I am single I accepted figuring this would be way cool and super fun! I and 7 other local guys of unique backgrounds and steller good looks (of course!) will be auctioned off at Lucky Bastard's Saloon in downtown San Diego on Valentines day. See the 103.7 Kiss FM website here for more information and details.

Oh and I made 2 loaves of this over the past 3 days for my post workout treat each day after my workouts. I nuke it and drizzle some strawberry Walden Farms syrup on it and its to die for! I eat half a load per sitting since that's how I make the recipe to fit my macros needs. Peanut Butter Banana Protein Bread!




Well until tomorrow when I add my weekly pictures in that's all for now folks. Have a good Sunday night folks! As always, stay healthy stay fit!


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the food challenge! 6lbs in 17 minutes?! That's probably better than Adam on Man v Food!

    Loveee The Tractor Room!! Their honey cornbread is so freaking good. I cut up leftovers and use it as croutons on salads :)

    Have fun at the auction! Sounds like it'll be a fun Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete