Tuesday, December 3, 2013

In and Out

Seems like we just got back in to dock only to be rallied up to head back out to sea again tomorrow already! We head out for just over a weeks time for OARS training with the carrier. It was very nice to have our command holiday party this weekend where 1850 command members/sailors swamped the Hotel Del Coronado where the venue was held. An awesome time of food, friends, festivities, music, drinks, and holiday spirit. I love these big work functions and even more so when its part of such a unique and large group of hard working Navy sailors.

Had a great week of training hitting PR's in my last 3 workout sessions! Bench, squat, rack deads and shoulder press all up in weight and reps! Love it when a program produces results short and long term!

Pictures below are from Sunday morning where I am 182lbs.




 Jason has bumped me up on carbs for all days of the week being workout days, rest days and refeed days by 20g a day. Small bumps like this should keep the gains coming on the scale while staying lean. No reason to get sloppy with this. Time is on my side. Quality over quantity is the goal.

Yesterday I nailed out a killer chest/triceps/shoulder workout as follows:

1030-12am, mission valley 24 hour fitness

5 minute elliptical warm up
dynamic movement prep

db pull overs: 3x15 @ 60

flat bb bench:
135x8 warm ups
155x5
160x5
165x5
170x5
175x4(3 sets)

seated life fitness shoulder press:
95x5 / 5 sets

reverse grip bench press:
140x5 / 5 sets

giant set of 3x12-15 each movement
peck deck
reverse peck deck
cable tricep extensions


Yesterdays post workout cheat meal for the week/refeed at The Waffle Spot in Mission Valley, CA....I hammered this all in 30 minutes baby! the kitchen and waitstaff were shocked i finished this at all let alone 30 minutes. they all asked if i was a pro eater.......I was like....ah nope! Just a guy with a endless appetite who loves food! It was delicious!!

One special note to add in here is my one month use of fUS as a pre/intraworkout supplement drink.
http://instagram.com/p/fvm0GnOjw9/
I use this on training days only with 24 oz of water and sip it from my first rep to my last rep. The biggest thing I get from this product is mental focus and the absence of fatigue in the later stages of my 90 minute workouts. I feel energized and strong start to end and in fact have to call it quits when the pre-planned workout is done with as I am still good to go as far as energy reserves go most the time. I love the fact that it gives me just enough energy to get the job done but never leaves me too jittery or unable to settle down and sleep at night since I finish my workouts around 8pm most days I bank on that big time. I have never been one to use any kind of "pre-workout" supplement because of the lack of authentic ingredient list other then shit tons of caffeine which I can get from coffee (I love coffee) so why bother I figure? The ingredient list of this product impressed me so I wanted to see how it would work on all levels from taste, mix-ability and functionality during my training. Over the last 30 days I can say I do not plan to stop using fUS anytime soon!

Go to www.drinkfus.com to learn more and try the product your self. Be sure to keep all other training/diet variables the same while using fUS to gauge its true effectiveness for you alone.

I will try and post daily while out at sea but once again....all depends on connectivity while on the carrier.Lets hope its in my favor so I can keep you all updated with things over the next week or so. Otherwise stay healthy, stay fit!








No comments:

Post a Comment