Friday, November 29, 2013

Busy as hell!

Ok Ok Ok.......been on a little hiatus here yes I know. Since my last post I have been kinda MIA from posting by trust me, no absence from the table, kitchen, grocery store or the gym that's for sure. Been spot on my diet, my training and all else. Work stuff, family stuff, holiday stuff, big command holiday party this weekend all adding up to keep me busy. As of yesterday things did slow down for me as I had a nice quite Turkey day pretty much by my lonesome with roomie gone and all family back in the Midwest I had the apartment to myself all day long. Made myself an amazing holiday meal seen below......



Honey spiral ham with cranberry sauce, sweet potato topped with marshmallow fluff and chopped nuts and a drizzle of chocolate sauce. Side of garlic pepper parm green beans. An amazing post lift meal indeed! The rest of my meals yesterday were pretty well normal to be honest, no changes given I had 0 temptation or pressure from family to "try this, try that" as I am so very used to!

Took in a movie (Home Front) with Jason Statham and I will just say this.....its Jason doing what he does....kicking tons of ASS.....so if your a fan this movie is for you.

As of this morning I was 184.4lbs so I seem to be hovering pretty steady now for about a week or so.....see how long it holds for this time before we go back out to sea shortly here.......always manage to lose any gains I make when we go out to sea dammit!

Anywho.....today went down like this!

Day 3/3 split.....LEGS!

24 Hour Fitness Hillcrest....

5 minute row warm up
dynamic warm up

squats:
135x10 warm ups
225x5
225x5
245x5
265x5
275x5
280x4 (2 sets)

bb shrugs superset with standing calf machine:
4 sets each, 225x12 and 120x12 respecgively

single leg hoist leg press:
3x12 each leg @ 80, 80, 90lbs

cable rotations:
2x10 each side

reverse crunch superset with crunch machine
2x15 each

hamstring 45 degree hypers
3x20 @ bw only

Done!

90 minutes in and out today.....awesome workout with some PR numbers on the squats today....must be the big meal from yesterday right!? I'll take it!

Here was the post workout re-feed meal I had today at The Parkhouse Eatery in City Heights.....



Double Stack (2 of each) split down the middle.... blue cornmeal (top) and pumpkin pancakes (bottom). Both were outrageously good but I am just a wee bit partial to the blue cornmeal they had. Never had that kind before and I loved it! Mind you I slammed a 2 scoop Dymatize Whey vanilla shake just before this as well.....gotta have the protein in their too folks! One quirky thing about me is that I rarely ever use butter or syrup with my pancakes unless its unsalted whipped butter and real 100% maple syrup. Anything but those seems pointless ever since getting to try the real thing a couple years ago.

Then tonight after hitting my the mall and getting some minor holiday shopping done and watching the craziness of Black Friday playout......I then got some work stuff done via 2 hours at Starbucks and lastly made a trip to Flavors Of East Africa for Dinner to use a CityBeats Perks Deal I had.

I got the following 2 items (see links below for pics and descriptions)

Entree 1
Entree 2

Both were awesome and a nice change from my normal meals and yet still able to keep it clean, healthy and super tasty.....win-win in my book and without hitting the wallet either....trifecta!

Tomorrow wont be posting as its a simple 35 minutes of MISS cardio only. Knock that out shortly after breakfast at home on the spin bike. Low carb day of course since no training (sucks) but its been working well to keep me lean even almost 7 weeks post show still got abs and veins...I like! I'll be back Sunday with pics, stats and workout updates...and of course some more post workout meal gub pictures for ya all to drool at!

PEACE OUT ALL! Happy Thanksgivings and Holiday travels to you all! Be safe!





No comments:

Post a Comment