Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Post!

Now that the dust or shall I say snow has settled literally and figuratively from the holidays here in Madison, WI things are a little slower around here. Had 3 days worth of family holiday dinners/celebrations between the 23rd and 25th with the smaller of the 3 being yesterday where mainly just my nuclear family celebrates the Christmas holiday right at home with a breakfast mom makes, we open gifts, watch x-mas movies and then have an early dinner of all the basics mom puts together and like years past, she never disappoints any of us! The best part of the huge feast she makes is the leftovers I am already making dents in today!

I have still hit very workout as planned from the time I got home through today. Beauty of a 24 hour gym (Anytime Fitness) just 3 miles from home is that I have no excuse or reason not to get my workouts in other then laziness honestly....

I had Christmas eve off and did cardio only, 30 minutes MISS on the elliptical early in the day. Yesterday was upper pull day and it went like this:

warm up/dynamic movement prep

-speed rep rack deads: 60 sec rests between all sets
275x4 / 10 sets

-mixed grip pull/chin ups:
6 sets of 10 @ bw

-bb good mornings:
3x11 @ 115lbs

-Special Ops Abs (6-8 different ab exercises done for 60 seconds, then 30 seconds rest before moving to next movement) I love this!

-seated db curls:
4x10 @ 35's, 1x5 @ 45's negatives, 1x20 @ 20's flush set

-10 minutes HIT on bike and elliptical

Post Lift Goodies:

homemade stone ground multi-grain bread with apple butter, fat free american cheese and lean slices of pork

Today was upper body push day and it went down like so....

5 min warm up/dynamic movement prep

-flat bb speed bench press: 60 sec rests between all sets
135x5 /3 sets
145x4 /3 sets
155x4 /5 sets

-seated smith behind neck shoulder press:
5x10 @ 35 each side

-seated cable rope face pulls:
3x15

-decline medium grip bb bench press
4x8 @ 45 each side

-smith machine bb shrugs:
4x15 @ 90lbs each side

-bw dips:
3x10 @ bw

-10 mins HIIT on woodway curve 60 sec sprint-60 sec walk

I had the same exact sandwich today after my lifting as yesterday it was so damn good!

I cant help but to make some comment on the goodies I made out with from gifts over the past 3 days so here is a list of my take aways from my awesome friends and family:

$70 in starbucks gift cards
$75 in sprouts farmers market gift cards
$25 in buffalo wild wings gift cards
$40 in subway giftcards
$50 in slaters 50/50 gift cards (my new fav burger joint in sd)
$50 in broken yolk cafe gift cards (my fav SD breakfast joint)
$30 in Souplantation gift cards (AYCE salad/bread/soup)
$50 in Trader Joes gift cards

Lots of gift cards yes.....but mind you I need to travel back to San Diego on the 1st so I must travel light and gift cards is just what I asked for. I am fricking stocked for a while while when I get back I'd say! I got a few t-shirts and a new travel coffee mug as well from my folks but that list is pretty much the whole shabang and I am loving it! Still not yet had a single sweets item despite it being everywhere over the past 5 days. Not been tempted by it really so I cant act like I am going all honorable and strict because I feel no deprivation really...

Tomorrow I will get my leg day workout in earlier (before noon) as my folks and my brother are making the 6 hour trek to Fort Wayne, IN starting at 1pm to see my sister who is home with her husband from NC and his parents. Will all be there through Monday morning when we head back. My plan is to do my cardio on Saturday at the (2 miles away) Anytime Fitness gym and then train upper pull day Sunday at the same place. Then once back on Monday resume the normal routine here at home. Should be fun spending time with whole family and making a little road trip to a city I have never been to and using a gym I have never been in either.

Peace out all! Merry Christmas to you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment