Monday, December 23, 2013

Stay The Course

So now having been back in the Midwest/Home for just over 3 days now things are settling down a bit with my initial travels done with and my temporary (free!) local gym membership (Anytime Fitness) all set up, my last bit of gift shopping all done, groceries for the week bought and stocked......things are going steady now. Already nabbed 2 great workouts at my local gym (2 miles from home!).

Upper pull day was Saturday, Upper Push Day was yesterday and today is LEGS! Set new PR's in rack deads, bench press and military press just since I been home!

Diet has been spot on since leaving Friday so even the travels and what not, it has not derailed me at all! Mom has been baking up a darn storm of x-mas cookies since I got home but lucky for me I have a very mild sweet tooth and most of that never phases me.....I'm more of a steak, burger, burrito, wings and nachos kind of guy (and hence a "typical guy").

Yesterday was my weekly weigh in day, picture day and Sunday Splurge Supper so let me fill you all in on each!

188lbs right out of bed, fasted. Pictures below:





Sunday Splurge Meal: 8" of snow all day kept me at home besides gym trip so no going out this time which lead to this DIY at home feast:

  • hammered chicken breast, corn flake crusted and baked, topped with fat free melted cheese and bacon bits.
  • Bowl of homemade sweet potato mash and Walden Farms caramel syrup blended in.
  • Gelato from La Coppa Gelato (pistachio, eggnog and cinnamon)
  • homemade thick sliced french toast with low fat cottage cheese/PB2 topping blend
Way cheaper then going out, a bit healthier for sure and the fun of making it of course. However I still say a big ass meal made for you in massive portions in the way to go for splurge meals.....thats just me.

That be all for now gang. Legs coming up this afternoon so I hope to rock out another PR on squats today! Off day tomorrow, just cardio and rest otherwise. The holiday parties kick off tonight with my Dad's side doing our annual Hockett xmas party in McFarland, WI and its always a riot let me put it that way! Cant wait!!

Happy holidays, safe travels and merry Christmas to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment