Saturday, December 14, 2013

Sending off....

Well its been an awesome week with my brother and his girl in town but all good things do come to an end sadly......today they will be departing San Diego but not until about 2pm so we still have a chunk of today to use to its fullest and we intend to do so with a tour of the one and only Little Italy Farmers Mercato in Little Italy, San Diego. I go to this things every single Saturday I can when not at sea. Its great for grabbing a coffee/fresh smoothie and pastry/crepe from a vendor while people walking the the streets and taking in some weekend SD sun! I get 1/2 my weekly produce from the market so its worth the trip and today my bro and his gf will get to see it to! Then we plan to hopefully make our debut (mine to) to Hash House A Go Go which is a top ranked breakfast/brunch location on pretty much every single restaurant review/ranking site in SD.  I have tried to go 3 other times on Sundays but every time I go the wait is over 1 hour long! Unless you get there early at open it only gets worse and worse I am told by locals which says this place must be outstanding! Today no matter the wait or the line, we will be going here to see what its all about!

I have also been battling a nice little cough for the past 3 days now. Kicked in Wednesday and as of yesterday its a full blown phlemy mess of yaking. Luckily its just my cough and nothing else. I sleep fine, not stuffed up, no fever, no chills, good energy and still hitting gym hard. I took Thursday 100% off to spend time with the visitors and to try and get ahead of the cough that I felt coming on......sometimes bacteria just wins out in the end! Yesterday I did legs at a 24 Hour Fitness gym I had never been to on Imperial Ave and it may now be my favorite one of the area! I drilled back and biceps hard while my brother and his girl toured the SD Zoo for almost 4 hours! I guess they liked it hey?

Today will be chest/shoulders and triceps which I will rock out later on today after the guests are well on their way back to Iowa for the return home. Funny part is.....less then 1 week of this post......I will be headed that way myself via my Thursday night direct flight from SD to Chicago where I will start my 10 days of leave for the holidays!!

Below are some pictures of the awesome foods I/we have been sampling during this past week together..

Filet with scallops over spinach risotto (Toscana Wine Bar and Cafe)

New School Miso and Wasabi Glazed Sprouts + Giesha Roll (K7 Sushi Joint)

Chickums Skillet (Bubs at The Ballpark)


Thats all for now gang! Be back with more tomorrow! Peace! Have a good weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment