Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Back home but not really...

So after this weekends family trip down and over to Fort Wayne, IN to see my sister and brother in law and his family I am now back "home" in Madison, WI till Wednesday afternoon when I go back to my real home in San Diego. So I have just enough time left to settle in the New Year with family and I love that! Its also a bit easier to leave when you know you have 70 degree temps and sun in the forecast compared to the current sub zero temps here in WI!!

This weekend was AWESOME! I got to hang with family, see my younger sister for the first time in a year, her husband for the 2nd time ever and really mingle with his whole family for the first time. We watched UFC 168 together on Saturday, the epic Bears vs Packers game Sunday (did I mentioned we have a major divide of Packers/Bears fans in our families?....we do!) This picture should clearly show where my allegiances lie and my ritualistic game day wings from Buffalo Wild Wings as well for that matter.
http://t.co/LTFrmOjVqD

Note that I also slammed 20 more wings the night before during the fights (lemon pepper is the only way to go!) Look at these babies!

Then on Sunday as always I have my "Sunday Splurge Supper" and this weekend it was at Atz's Ice Cream Shoppe in Fort Wayne. Been there since 1921 and still going strong!

I had "The Mad Anthony" Sundae (6 scoops, 5 toppings, 4 sauces), Philly Cheesesteak, CBS Sandwich and The Atz Burger. I finished all of it in 18:17 baby!

The next morning on the way out before hitting the road for our 7 hour drive back to WI we hit up Willies Restaurant in Fort Wayne where I got The Steak Scramble w/o cheese.

A damn good weekend of eats indeed!

I got my workouts in just the same as my eats however without missing a single step. This is how it shook out:

Friday before leaving......legs/abs + 10 min HIT at local anytime fitness
Saturday in Fort Wayne.....25 mins HIIT at local anytime fitness
Sunday in Fort Wayne....upper pull day/abs + 10 mins HIT at local anytime fitness
Yesterday once back home in Madison.....a 9pm workout upper push day + 10 mins HIT

5 min warm up/dynamic movement prep
flat bb bench max effort: worked up to a new PR....235LB single!
seated bb shoulder press max effort: worked up to new PR....140LB single
rope cable face pulls: 3x15
decline medium grip bb bench press: 3x8-7-6
seated machine shoulder press: 3x10
cable side lateral raises: 3x15
supine db tricep extensions: 4x15-20
cable chest fly: 3x15

Today is dynamic effort (speed day) legs and a refeed day (as if every leg day) so I will be hitting that up later today as my last workout of 2013! Gotta go out with a bang baby!

You all have a safe fun and joyful new years! See you all in 2014! Make it your best year ever for fitness, health and life in general!

No comments:

Post a Comment