Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Some time for fun!

OK so as of yesterday afternoon I was flown of the carrier (been out at sea since Wednesday morning thus no posts) and am now able to meet up with my younger brother Mike and his girl friend Karissa who are spending this week(debut visit for them both!) in San Diego with me as the both of them have been trying to come out to SD for some time and this was the time to make it happen at last. I am happy as ever to see them both here in town with me as I have a wonderful and amazing city to show them not to mention the preferred "winter" climate I get here compared to the barely above 0 temps currently in effect back in the upper Midwest where the both of them just departed from.

Right after landing I had time to kill before my bro and his gf got to their hotel and gave me the ring to come meet them to start off our festivities. That said I took care of priority one....food!! Followed by priority two....lift! I hit up a much desired breakfast destination in Pacific Beach called Isabel's Cantina. They serve some amazing Cali style breakfast dishes that are healthy and big in portions, things I rate VERY highly of any establishment. I got 2, yes 2 orders of the Jalapeno Scramble. which you see here: Best of all, I used a Groupon for this meal which left my paying only $8 for this and coffee and tip! Win!

Black beans, egg whites, chicken, brown rice, salsa. Epic!!

 Post workout I used yet another Groupon to feast on this "14 picture of beauty from Naked Pizza also in Pacific Beach.



The Sonoran pizza with added pineapple, roasted tomato and green bell pepper. They use an "ancestral" blend dough (no flour!) that's just thicker than a thin crust and thats how I like it! They use real Wisconsin Mozza cheese (score 1 for WI baby!!) (I went light on the cheese) only local farmers market produce, organic tomato sauce and free range organic chicken on this (and other pies). The taste difference was impecable! So fresh and flavorful! I had all 8 slices gone in like less then 30 minutes easy! Cost to me after Groupon discount, $3!!

So after a killer workout, awesome pre and post lift eats, let me mention that yesterday was my brothers 27th birthday so we celebrated a bit with a trip to my new found all time favorite burger joint anywhere I have lived. Slaters 50/50 of course! This was my 5th visit in 3 weeks mind you......

I wanted them to see/taste something unlike anything they have had before and something they cannot find back home, this fit the bill! Since I missed my Sunday Splurge meal like normal I saved up for last night and had the glorious items you see pictured below:

Self Designed Chicken Sammy + Sweet Tater Fries
My creation was.....thick sliced rye bread, roasted red peppers, grilled chicken, kale, grilled pineapple, grilled onions, turkey bacon with terriyaki glaze sauce. Thing was epic!!

Then because we had a birthday in the group you get a free bacon brownie bar (their prized dessert item) which feeds 3 adults easy! We split this as we almost split our seems. This only cost $9 at that but we got it free anyway!


OK so enough teasing with my gluttonous and lovely cheat meal pictures....how about the workout side of things...

Yesterday was day 1 of 3 in the series which means back and biceps.....have shifted over to full deadlifts from the floor since early last week, this was my 2nd time doing them this way and the numbers already up!

3-430pm, point loma mwac base gym

5 min elliptical warm up
dynamic movement prep

floor deads:
225x8 /2 sets
295x5/ 2 sets
315x5/2 sets
325x5/1 set
225x12/1 set

bodyweight wide pull ups
4x10

narrow  vbar pull downs
4x12 @ 140

front iso plank hold
3x60s

power wheel roll outs
3x12

seated db curls
3x12 each arm @ 35's

rope cable curls
3x15 @ 70

10 minutes post lift HIT on Octane Elliptical (HR 140-150)

Note my weight is up to 189lbs even as of yesterday morning. Thats 10lbs up since day after my last contest on Oct 6th (9 weeks). Gains coming nice and steady right on par with my strength gains in the gym so I am one happy camper at this point!

Pictures from yesterday morning are listed below:





Today I did 35 minutes MISS this morning already and will be hitting day 2 of 3 in series this afternoon while bro and his sig other tour all the beauty of SD on this 65 and Sunny "winter day". Then its likely more good eats this evening!

Peace ya all!

No comments:

Post a Comment