Sunday, September 22, 2013

The BIG DAY has come and gone!

OK then there now folks! The big day has indeed come and gone! MPD debut contest was yesterday in Brea, CA via the ANBF first ever in Orange County, CA. This was a very small show but the fact this is the ANBF's first year its early, very early yet. None the less it was an awesome experience of which I and the posse of friends from work who came with me had a blast at!

This was how things shook out yesterday....

Saturday I got up at 7am, weighed in, took pictures...........







I was 181 pounds and based on my Omron BIA device came in at 7.5% (mind you its not the most accurate method of body comp of course, could be higher or lower by a bit). Mirror is my ultimate gauge!

My diet plan and supplement plan for the day went down like this and this was only based on my own personal responses to my bodies feel and look by the hour and my passed experiences with how I respond with such items. I did not add or have any high salt foods from meal 2 Friday onward through the end of show time Saturday, just noting that for all who want to know. I had been adding salt to all meals prior to that. My water stayed high at 2 gallons per day through Friday night 9pm. See my last post "4 days out" for the rest of my peak plan M-F night.

Saturday:

8am-
20oz large black starbucks coffee with 1 shot espresso
2 tabs (600mg green tea extract)
4 tabs Xpel (only to keep fluid moving through me, not to dehydrate myself!!)

9am-
50grams protein from egg whites
12 cooked asparagus spears

1pm-
6 oz chicken breast
2 plain rice cakes (30g carbs)
100mg R-ALA
200 mcg GTF Chromium

On stage at 3pm......see pics...(actually right after t-walk pre judging was done....wanted to be on my own close up in the sun for these to be used just for this reason, catch my peak condition without being rushed on stage. Hit a few bbing poses yes but so what!? I can do as I please and have fun with this!







I did not eat or drink anything after my 1pm meal as I felt I looked as good as I was going to at the time so why mess with anything. I never got too thirsty, too hungry or anything negative so no harm done. At 5pm I ate 4 more rice cake and 6 oz chicken and this was only because I actually planned on going to (and did) hit the gym for legs when we got back (given the show took just 3 hours and we were all done by 6pm!) This show went right through from pre judge to finals with a quick guest pose between by Marc The Machine Lobliner. All I had after that was comparisons and awards......and that's where I was handed this bad boy!

1ST PLACE OPEN MPD BABY!


Now I will say right here and now that my class had just well.......2 guys, me and 1 other guy. He was 160lbs and 5'10'', guy named Nate, really cool guy but he was very new and very unfamiliar with the specifics of posing and t-walks in MPD, he kinda hit borderline bbing poses in his walk which hurt his score I am sure. His physique was decent but more like a super lean runner vs thicker MPD type athlete. I cant talk much cause I barely make it as MPD caliber myself sitting at 6'2'' and 181.....

1st place is 1st place and I am happy to have gotten this award. I came in how I came in regardless of how many others were on stage with me. I cannot control that part of the show, I worry about bringing my best package to the stage no matter what. As long as I do that to the best of my ability......its all in the judges hands after that.

And yes......being just 14 days to the day from my next contest on Oct 5th, the NPC Border States in San Diego, CA.......meant no time to waste on cheat meals, another day off etc......I got home and rocked out legs with renewed motivation form the show (and 4 shaker bottles of water in me post show!) at 24 Hour Fitness. Here she be!

715pm-

Pillar Prep, Dynamic Movements, Hip Matrix.....

Smith Squats:
5x12-6 reps pyramid down in reps, up in weight
-Drop set free weight back squats at 135lbs wide stance pause at bottom, 1x20 reps

Hamstring Hypers w/45lb plate across chest:
3x12

Single Leg Horizontal Machine Press:
2x12 each

Kneeling Cable Crunch:
3x15

Swiss Ball Reverse Crunches
3x20

Seated Calves
2x15

Leg Press Calves:
3x15

Leg Extensions SuperSet with Prone Leg Curls
2x16-18 each

4 minute mild treadmill walk, PNF stretch, foam roll, done!!

Only "treat" I gave myself after this was a stop at Souplantation near home for my post lift meal which was 2 plates of garden salad with veggies with Walden Farms Dressing, 2 small baked potatoes with salsa and 7 oz diced chicken (from what I had left with me at show.....no meats served at any Souplantation I know of) not extacly the post show meal I am used to but with just 14 days to go for the bigger and much harder caliber NPC level show on the 5th......cant be taking it easy now....no freaking way! 

I want to give some thanks to a couple of orgs, friends and companies for helping over the past 8 weeks of formal prep for this contest. 

EAS (for the tons of supplement samples/support you have given me all along)
Ian Lauer and PSR (for priceless information of doing my first MPD show)
Souplantation/ Sweet Tomatoes Restaurants (for being my 1 stop precontest out to eat venue)
iTan Solarium (for the awesome color baby!)
Marc Lobliner and the ANBF/HPN Staff (for putting on a kick ass all natural show)
Scivation (for the Xtend I use multiple times a day every day)
Cellucor (for the 6 flavors of whey protein I use every single day for killer recipes and smoothies)
My friends and family for supporting me every single step of the way to reach this goal in life! 




No comments:

Post a Comment