Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Last post update till 9/13

So yes, as the heading of this post update says, this will be my last update until Friday the 13th. The reason being is that I will be out to sea with the ship from tomorrow morning till our return the 13th and net reception/connectivity is spotty at best most the time so no promise of any chances to do any blogging sadly. However when I do get back in I will be just 8 days away from show day!

I will be a bit tested on keeping my act together on the diet side given I wont have any kitchen or means to make my own meals but I think I have a solid game plan mapped out. Take a look below to see how I plan to keep on track during the underway period.


  • Breakfast each morning around 9am will be 2 cups fat free plain greek yogurt mixed with a Cocoavia flavor packet.
  • Lunch will be a whole food meal at noon in the galley, veggies and lean meats with some healthy fats.
  • Dinner will be around 4pm and also be a whole food meal in the galley just like lunch.
  • My 8pm meal will be 1 of 2 kinds of powder shakes, either EAS Recovery Protein after weights or EAS Lean 15 for after HIIT only days.
  • My 1130pm meal before bed will be 2 cups of fat free cottage cheese mixed with cinnamon and cocoa.


Its kinda boring yes, very repetitive yes, but works. I hit my macros almost perfectly and I more or less enjoy the foods I'll be eating. Plus I can store them all in my office fridge or stateroom pretty easily.

Yesterday I hit up legs despite feeling really shitty (almost called of my workout completely for a bit) for the most part of the day due to 4 hours outside in 88 degree heat and pure sunshine without enough sunscreen or enough water while at work........how smart of me right!!??

I slammed endless amounts of water and took a short nap+asprin at home after work and that helped enough to get me to the gym where I had a slightly less then par workout but still got the job done in about an hour or a little under. Nothing to total failure and kept my rest periods a little longer to keep my strength up.

Today will be chest and back and I have yet to put the last touches on that workout yet so I cant post it quite yet. It will be a doosy let me say that as its the last really good workout I can do without being limited to the ships gyms equipment/space till we get back on dry land.

Today's Grub was/is as follows:


  • 8am: 2 cups cooked 100% egg whites with salad greens
  • 12 noon: 2 cups ff plain greek yogo with cocoavia flavor pack
  • 4pm: grande skinny latte with 3 shots espresso, 6 oz low fat firm tofu
  • 8pm: large garden/veggie salad from Souplantation with Walden Farms dressing, 2 cups fat free cottage cheese and 8 whole grain rice cakes
  • 11pm: 2 scoops cellucor whey with 2 cups 30 calorie almond milk

That's all for now folks. I will be back with updates and news on Friday the 13th.....8 days from show day!

Peace out ya all!



No comments:

Post a Comment