Tuesday, September 17, 2013

4 days to go!

Getting down to the wire now folks! I am growing more and more excited by the day as the show grows ever closer!

My contest prep plan for peaking is pretty mild as it stands now in that the extremes many go to for bodybuilding are not warranted for MPD as well as the fact that half the "tricks" many competitors employ are pure BS and don't have any real merit in the first place. Tactics like:

  • drastic water cutting
  • salt loading/cutting
  • huge carb loads
  • junk food binges
  • red wine shots
  • herbal diuretics

Seen it all many times before (even tried a few of them myself yes...) and watched most fail miserably or give less then mild results at very best. I prefer to use and stick to what got my to where I am in the many weeks and months leading up to the contest vs trying to pull some magic trick last minute.......the body hates last minute abrupt tricks of any kind and it will fight you for it to!

Layne Norton taught me a very important lesson about this using hard nosed science and physiology to explain how and why most the above "tricks" fail 99% of the time for men and women alike. He talked about La Chatelier's Principle and how that applies to water/salt balance, carbohydrate/glycgogen storage levels etc......using basic physiology as it applies to drug free athletes it made perfect since to me why these tricks do not and cannot work well for someone trying to look and feel their best on stage in front of 1000's of people while sitting at 4-7% bodyfat with 90% of your skin exposed for just a few minutes to a panel of judges........when I say it like that it almost makes me wonder why ANYONE would EVER want to try and pull some hopeless and unfounded trick on the body in hopes of gaining the extra 5% at the risk of losing the other 95%???

So with that said this is my game plan from today through Saturday end of show.

Today/Tomorrow (Tuesday/Wednesday)

Training-
last 2 hard training days, lower today then upper tomorrow to allow for legs to be 100% Saturday
2 exercises per muscle group, 1 compound, 1 assistance, 3-4 sets each
pyramid sets 15 reps down to 5 reps stopping 1 rep shy of failure each set
slow 2-1-2 tempo for all movements (not getting hurt now!)
fasted AM cardio 30 minutes mild intensity 130-150 HR

Diet:
Only carbs all day both days are from veggies and salad greens and a 14 oz raw weight yam (then baked) eaten post workout.
Protein higher at 60 grams a meal for all 5 of my daily meals from lean either albacore tuna, egg whites, fat free, plain greek yogurt or whey isolate.
Fats are coming only from my barleans fish oil pills at about 12 grams a day.
Water is at 2 gallons per day or a bit more
Salt being added to all meals
My total daily intake for these 2 days will be about 1900-2000kcals per day.

Thursday and Friday:

Training-
40 minutes non fasted LISS cardio, mild effort at 130-135 HR
Foam rolling and PNF stretching

Diet-
Meals exactly the same both days
5 meals with-
40g protein from either egg whites, whey isolate or plain chicken
60g carbs from unsalted brown rice cakes
2g fish oils from pill form
Water intake stays high at about 2 gallons per day
No salt added to any meals

Saturday-
TBD as it all depends on how I feel and look that morning after the prior days effects really set in. I may add more carbs, keep them the same, drop them down, add salt, drop salt etc.....it depends. I will have all the food items, supplements and goodies I need with me on the drive up to Brea, CA just in case however.

Drug testing starts at 9am and goes till noon, athlete check in is at 1230 until 2 when the athlete rules meeting begins. The show starts at 3pm sharp. I plan to be on the road with my 2 buddies coming up with me by 8am Saturday. Its a 90 minute drive which is not bad and perhaps a good time to really calm down and focus myself on the show and myself, not anyone or anything else.

I am begging a work friend to come along as he is awesome with a camera and does amazing pictures of all kinds! I offered to pay his round trip gas and admission ticket to come up and get pics of the show and more after the show for me. Asking him to give up most his Saturday 90 mins away is a big favor I understand that so I cross my fingers he accepts my offer!

I will have pics regardless on my phone and my digital camera and hopefully from the contest promoter as well (most have DVD's to buy from the show) and those I will post up for you all to see!

So........with that all laid out I dont think I will post again until day of the show or the day after to give you all the full story on what happend and how it all went down. Until then its time to apply all this stuff here to myself and see it through to the end and let the judges score as they will.

Game on folks!



No comments:

Post a Comment