Friday, August 16, 2013

Day 22

So Thursday it is.....Friday for me as we have the day off tomorrow and that I like very much! 3 day weekends are solid weekends all by themselves and I have plenty to fill it with! A NPC contest is going to be held just a few miles from me which will be my first shot to see a live men's physique contest and that's got my super excited indeed! See just what kind of guys I may be going up against come 9/21 perhaps!?

I taught a 40 minute group-x class at 730am today as well as that listed below...


Training:

Golds Gym Point Loma, CA (7 day pass baby!) one of the most old school traditional gyms I have trained at ever!

chest-back day:

  1. pillar prep, dynamic movement, cuff matrix......
  2. bodyweight wide chins with bodyweight chest dips: 3x10 each
  3. cybex rotary incline press with cybex seated rotary row: 4x15-8 each
  4. hammer mts decline chest press with cybex rotary pull down (love this machine!!): 3x10 each
  5. standing cable fly with straight arm pull downs (rope attachment): 3x15 each

I also saw Richard Jones come strolling into the gym about half way through my session and I had to double-take when I saw him because as one who has seen him a dozen times on stage and 100's of times in the fitness and bodybuilding magazines I was not sure this was really him but then it dawned on me this was CA and 75% of the IFBB male bodybuilder population is out of CA so yes it was Richard! I got to say hello, shake his and have some quick small talk about the Olympia and what not.......the whole 5 minute ordeal made my day to see one of the athletes I happen to look up to and respect as much as most do big stars in the NFL/NBA/MLB etc....

Daily Grub:

Do note folks that I have adjusted my macros and intakes from what is listed in the very first blog post now that I am planning to compete in the upcoming ANBF men's physique contest on 9/21 in Brea, CA. I never made note this this till just now but I am sure you have seen the changes in my food logs over the past week or so compared to before that. My new intakes are as follows (still using LGIF protocol to a "T")


  • 3 MEALS A DAY, 12-4-8PM
  • 3000 KCALS A DAY
  • 280 CARBS, 265 PROTEIN, 90 FATS 
  • 40% OF TOTALS IN MEALS 1 & 2 WITH 50% POST WORKOUT
  • 33% PER MEAL ON CARDIO ONLY DAYS WITH SAME EXACT MACROS 
Supplements using now (and for past 9 days):

  • Cellucor Cor-Performance Whey Protein Powder (post lift and to bake with as needed)
  • Cellucor C4*
  • Xtend*
  • Jarrow Formulas Creatine Mono (post workout)
  • MRM Digest All (2 tabs per meal)
  • Prima Force Yohimbine HCL^ (5mg)
  • Natures Way Green Tea Extract^ (400mg)
  • GNC Vitamin D3 (4000IU daily)
  • GNC Calcium Citrate (1500mg daily)
  • Now Foods Chromium (200mcg post lift)
  • Now Foods CLA Caps (3g daily)
  • Now Foods Fish Oil Pills (6g daily)
  • Now Foods Cinnamon Caps (1000mg per meal)
*mixed together and sipped during workouts start to end
^taken pre cardio only on empty stomach with 12oz strong black coffee (~300mg caffeine from coffee)

Going to skip out on logging yesterdays foods as it was almost the same as Wednesday's food intake with only my last meal being different.....check it out below!! Yum!


chilled fat free greek yogo, frozen blueberries, flax meal, cocoa, honey, vanilla almond milk








No comments:

Post a Comment