Monday, August 5, 2013

Day 11

Ah yes......a solid weekend of good workouts, good eats and some restful relaxation time makes for a well prepared week ahead! Speaking of rest....as of tonight I am going to go back to using my MyZeo sleep tracker. I had used this before for almost 6 months pretty consistently but then during our first major sea trial on the carrier I broke my routine use of the device and never really got back around to using it. Its been almost 2 months since I used it at all so now its time to get back at it and benefit from tracking not only my sleep quanity but my sleep quality just as much.

 I found that when I was using the device daily it kept me honest in making sure I got 7 hours of sleep per night in addition to going to bed and waking up at the same time 7 days a week (in bed, lights out 12am, out of bed and rolling at 7am sharp). As long as I got my 7 hours AND 1 hour of deep sleep and 2 hours of REM sleep per night I would almost always be 100% energized and full of life the next day. Much less then this and I would be less then par during the day and often find myself lacking mental sharpness and cognition more so then physical energy and strength which would also come but only when going on 5 or less hours of sleep which is rare for me.

The device is a simple headband worn at night and works through bluetooth on my cellphone. I just hit the bottom the headband, turn on bluetooth and it sync's up to track my sleep. I can even set a wake up alarm that goes off at the ideal time during my last 30 minutes of sleep to prevent waking drowsiness. The unit under the headband is the charger it sits on when not in use. Takes about 1 hour to charge up for a full nights use.



Training: 630-8pm, Arms and Shoulders: (also lead 35 minutr spin class at 1115am)

pillar prep, dynamic movement, cuff matrix.....


  1. seated db press: 4x6 @ 50's
  2. bb snatch grip high pulls: 4x6 @ 125lbs
  3. cable unilateral delt raises: 2x15 each arm
  4. db alt curls: 3x10 per arm @ 37.5's
  5. db tate press: 3x10 @ 27.5's
  6. hoist dual ab machine: 3x20 
  7. preacher curl machine: 2x20
  8. tricep extention machine: 2x20

Grub:

Meal 1: homemade

Meal 2, homemade

Meal 3 (rainbow roll, chicken yakitori, veggie roll, baja roll, salmon hand roll, scallop hand roll)
WA Sushi








No comments:

Post a Comment