Thursday, July 25, 2013

Day 1

Recap of the first day:

Today was leg day so lets walk you all through the training session of the day:

All my workouts are about 75 minutes long, use no more then 23 sets total and I track rest periods between 90-120 seconds. Rarely do I use super sets, giant sets, compound sets and other advanced training principles as they tend to quickly overtax my CNS and lead to unwanted weight loss from the nature of those training methods. I prefer straight sets myself. I always do my compound movements first and my assistance work last. I perform 10 minutes of dynamic warm up movements, pillar prep/core/mobility work before all workouts. I also do 10 minutes of PNF stretching and foam rolling after all workouts. This is part of my 75 minute total workout time each day. All compound lifts are taken right to muscle failure where as assistance movements are stopped just a rep shy. I track and log the loads used for all barbell compound movements, nothing else really.

Legs: Squat Focus)

squats: 135x12, 155x10, 185x8, 225x6, 275x4, 300x2, 300x2

front squats: 155x8 (4 sets)

45 degree bench hypers: 3x15 unweighted

leg extensions: 3x15

prone leg curls: 2x15

seated calves: 1 plate x30, 2 plates x20, 3 plates x10, 1 plate x30

Meals:

Meal 1: I did not get a picture of as my cell died on the way to lunch and I had to let in charge in my car while I ate. I had one fried chicken breast (peeled off the skin), a 5-6 oz prime rib slice trimmed of visible fat, about a 1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese from salad bar, 2 cups of mixed melon chunks, 1 cup pineapple chunks, 2 small dinner rolls and a side green salad.

Meal 2: 1 cup whole grain complete pancake mix made with unsweet vanilla almond milk, 1 omega 3 egg, 10 cherries. I nuked it for 7 minutes in glass dish and it came out like a big cake! The topping is 6 tbsp cocoa flavored flaxseed, 6 oz fat free plain greek yogurt, 2 scoops cellucor cor performance cinnamon swirl flavored whey powder and a bit of water to mix it all up.


Meal 3: 10 oz bag dry weight of spinach pasta noodles (7.5 cups cooked) prepared as directed. 5 skinless chicken drummies seasoned with lots of Mrs. Dash.


That's all for today folks! Stay tuned for more tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment