Friday, April 11, 2014

Almost 27 weeks in!

We are back!! After almost a month (24 days) at sea we are back at long last! It went by very quick to be honest, much quicker then I thought 24 days on the water living on the carrier 24/7 would go anyway. Talk about your daily habits and routines! Groundhog day almost every day but to be frank, I like routine and structure, always have and its likely why I like this job and took the gig in the first place!

OK, OK, so where am I now and what's new right?? Let me tell ya......

As of today I have got all my updates and stats in since it was almost impossible to get good pics, an accurate weight or any body comp data at sea. As of this morning I am 203lbs and 11% bodyfat based on my regular scale and BIA handheld device. Pictures are below:




I lost about 3lbs while at sea which for me is not bad at all! Teaching 3-4 classes a day 6x a week and then my own workouts and half my meals from shakes/bars usually has me down 4-5lbs in just 2 weeks or less so this was a good maintaining period as I see it. My strength after 2 workouts back in my normal gym on my regular routine have only dropped a hair and thats simply because I was unable to do some of the lifts I normally would do on land while at sea. Should come right back after a week or two.

I will also note I am getting my quarterly dunk tank test done today to see where I truly lie on the body composition progress since Jan 4th this year. I then reference that to my BIA device to gauge the difference in the two for better precision on my own when I do weekly measures. I will post up my results when I have them.

I have added 2 new supplements to my daily regimine since we got back as well. This is on top of my year round supplement stack of Dymatize brand Creatine/Glutamine/Pursuit/Recoup.

An all in one multi vitamin-mineral support pack from BB.com which has gotten good reviews all round lately. Its purity tested and 3rd party validated to contain what the label says so that much I like! The Alpha is for some basic T support which can NEVER hurt a guys goals and objectives in and outside the gym so why not right?

My very first meal back on last the night we pulled in and got let off was at one of my favorite downtown 24 hour spots. The only 24 hour spot in downtown San Diego actually. Brians24 Bar and Grill. They all know me by first name I go so often. I got the "Giant Triple Decker Turkey Club" with house potatoes. See below.
This thing was just amazing let me leave it at that! A-Mazing!

Not really had that chance to hit the store yet to shop and fill my now empty cupboards and fridge. Really need to do that today so I can get back to the kitchen magic and my good DIY eats!

Hitting up lowey body deadlift pull day today. Did an epic upper body push day yesterday back at 24 hour Fitness Balboa and it rocked to be back in biz like normal!

I have my results in from todays quarterly dunk tank test and I had to post them up for all to see!
Down 5% bodyfat and yet up almost 15lbs lean muscle! That's 13 weeks of progress baby! Hell yes! With the gains in strength I have had in the big 3 lifts and these values here I think thats a clear sign to ride the tide and keep tucking exactly as I have been......because its working! Booya!





No comments:

Post a Comment