Saturday, March 15, 2014

23 weeks off season update

So here I am Saturday the 15th, 2 days after I should have left for sea....

Did not know if I would get a post in this weekend at all but I guess I will since we are still dock side waiting to get the green light to pull out to sea for what should be just over 3 weeks(ish) at sea. My longest stint at sea yet since taking my current job as the commands Fitboss in July 2012. I love being at sea for any time at all because I get the chance to offer fitness classes and workshops 3-5x a day 7 days a week with no less then 30-40+ sailors at everyone of them! Its like 5 fold better then what I get in port on land so you can see why I like time at sea!

Until we hit the open waters though I have been able to squeeze in a few more homemade meals, get a few more workouts in at the gym vs on the ship (which is not easy when your ship is never standing still!) and a couple more nights of sleeping in my own bed without F18 Super Hornets taking off just a few levels above me.

As of this morning I was 209.5lbs. I as always take my pictures on Sunday mornings so I am going to try and get those in my stateroom on the ship tomorrow morning since we need to be on the ship by 6am I cant do them at home. I plan to get on the ship late tonight to be there already and avoid parking issues, traffic and other hassle I can do without!

My maxes from this past week (my last 3 workouts) HIIT yesterday, deadlift max day Thursday, bench press max effort day Wednesday and squat max effort day Tuesday. HIIT was Monday as well.

Same maxes as the week before except deadlift. I hit 450 solid Thursday and it felt good! I was able to add 1 more rep to my max on squat and bench press though so an improvement just the same baby!

Sadly I have no good pictures of any foods this week as most my meals accept breakfast and before bed were take out meals or grab n go meals from subway, the ships galley etc...dont want to hit the grocery store and do mass shopping with the plan to be at sea for 3 weeks. The one I do have is from what I thought was my last meal on land off the ship last night at Souplantation, see below:



Double duty green salad and veggies, veggie soup, lean ham, fat free honey mustard dressing and sourdough croutons.

Oh and one last important thing I need you all to do for me!

Please vote for me to be the next Men's Health Cover guy!! Do so here please! Make this dream of mine come true!

http://www.mhguysearch.com/entry/52/

No comments:

Post a Comment