Sunday, March 9, 2014

22 weeks of offseason update

Here I am at 22 weeks offseason with new 1 rep maxes from just this week as you guys saw in my last post.

440 dead
255 bench
365 squat

Best lifts since well before my October 5th MPD contest took place. I am almost 30lbs up from the day of that show now to! I was 178 then and 207.4 as of this morning baby! Like them gainz!!

Pictures from this morning at 830am are posted below:





Just sent these stats and pictures off to Jason as well so I await his reply on any changes to my diet/supplementation plan in the coming week.

The last 2 days and today are my dynamic effort speed days with workouts that play out as follows:

Friday was speed box squats: 205x3 for 13 sets 3 with 1 minute breaks (56% of max)
Saturday was speed bench press: 170x3 for 13 sets with 1 minute breaks (66% of max)
Today is speed deadlifts: 260x3 for13 sets with 1 minute breaks (60% of max)

Now of course I did/do more then just whats listed for these workouts but the lift above is the goal move for the workout followed by 3-4 other movements of 3-4 sets of 6-12 reps for more volume based training and hypertrophy like training effects.

Dropped out all cardio except that I do on my rest day from lifting, still doing the HIIT training there for 30 mins and 30 mins only, not a minute more. Keeping most my efforts off the cardio and under the iron these days folks!

I just had to make sure I posted these images from one of my favorite local restaurants in downtown San Diego called Brian's 24. I am certainly what could be called a regular here as I go about 2-3x a week for like the past 4-5 weeks. I get pretty well the same thing around 4pm after work as my pre lift meal.

House taters with either lean ham slice or Canadian bacon with 2 eggs and 2 buttermilk pancakes. Its just $11 bucks and what I love is that I have my $250 card still be chipped away at that I won last month at the fundraiser event they put on so it keeps my wallet happy to!

With Canadian Bacon but I ate the pancakes already......opps!

 With lean ham steak


That is it for now folks. I will post again by Thursday night because as of Friday and then over almost a months time I will be out to sea with the command for work so posting, pics, updates will be hit and miss during that time. I hope to be able to do 1 post every Sunday at least to keep you all in the loop but picture updates will be hard since cell phone use and uploads are almost impossible.

Have a good Sunday everyone! Stay healthy, stay fit!





No comments:

Post a Comment