Monday, January 20, 2014

15 week check in

Yes it has been 15 weeks already since my last contest! I cant even believe it myself really. Time fys indeed!

So workouts are going great! Been hitting new PR's rep wise on all my main lifts for max strength days and even the loads used on speed days are improving as well so good all round. My shoulders have been a little tender the past week so I have laid back on the free weight barbell and dumbbell work as this seems to really aggravate my rotator cuffs right from the get go. Perhaps going with behind the neck presses the past few times is just not for me is what I think. Been doing more machine OH pressing and lateral raise work this week to nurse it back 100% before hitting the bb and db work hard again this coming week.

My weight is up to 194 and holding well also. I feel that dropping out the cardio every 4th day and allowing that to be a 100% rest day has been a big player in my improved performance in the gym and the strength improvement I am seeing. More recovery/less stress = more growth and adaptation! Pictures from yesterday morning are here:






Some recent awesome eats from last week and this weekend.

DIY Smoked chicken breast and sweet fries!


Souplantation visit for post workout grubs! I added my own steak strips to the salad mind you) And yes that is fat free ranch dressing you see there.


DIY chicken fajitas with the works! (Love NFL Sunday's)


Brunch at Bamboo Lounge, Breakfast burrito (eggs and veggies) with beans and rice)


Typical Sunday Splurge Supper of burger and fries....this time from Anny's Fine Burgers
#16 Monster Burger and side of awesome as hell sweet tater fries!


The ending of another "sweet" Sunday Splurge Supper.... Oreo Overload baby!


I am going to post again on Wednesday as I will be heading out to sea for almost a week following. May not get a post in until the following Thursday after we return. I will try and get updates in next weekend but pending net connections and my ability to get pictures and a private space on this ship to do so may limit that from happening. Will see.

As always, stay healthy, stay fit, peace out folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment